Like many of you know, and for those who don’t, in September I started an internship. The company is called Holstein Housewares, they sell kitchen appliances (mostly baking goodies). I love my internship and I have learned so much. As part of my duties, I have to find content for the social calendars. This involves a lot of searching online for fun and quirky recipes, as well as easy and healthy ones. Read More »
This healthy recipe of pancakes is super delicious and it doesn’t even feel like you are eating low-fat and low-sugar pancakes.
Ingredients (4-5 small pancakes):
1/2 cup of oatmeal
2 tablespoons of regular maple syrup
1/3 cup of Almond Milk (or Lactose Free milk)
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1. Pour the oatmeal in the blender and blend until it looks like oatmeal flour (that way you don’t get chunks of oatmeal in the mix).
2. Cut the banana in small pieces so it easier to blend. Put the banana and the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend.
3. Heat a pan on high for a couple of second until the pan gets hot.
4. Spray the pan with the butter-like spray and pour mix in the pan (lower heat to medium).
5. Enjoy pancakes with fruit of choice, or even alone.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you don’t even need maple syrup to pour it on the pancakes, this means no extra sugar. By pouring the syrup to the mix it makes the pancakes sweet and it gives you control of how much sugar the pancakes have.