It’s been 3 months since my trip to Madrid, and it took me ages to edit the vlogs for YouTube. Finally, I can share them with you, it is actually one big vlog divided in two parts. Aside from the videos documenting my experience, I wanted to share with you a list of the must-go places you should visit when in Madrid:
1. Mama Framboise: it’s a pastry shop with the best desserts ever! You haven’t been to Madrid if you have not eaten their chocolate elephant ears. Also, their macarons are the bomb!
2. El Corte Ingles: originally, I thought this was just one store. Well, it is actually a chain of stores that can be compared to any department stores in the US. Actually, they are way bigger than department stores in the US. If you want to visit the biggest one and get lost in a store full of all types of clothing go to the one in Las Tablas. It is a little far from he city, like 40min in metro, but it is so worth it!
3. Parque del Retiro: It is like the Central Park of Madrid. You can enjoy a nice picnic day or ride boats. It is just too beautiful not to visit.
4. Gran Vía & Serrano Street: Theses are actually far away from each other, but I consider them the top street to go shopping. Gran Vía is just way too famous and too crowded, but it has Primark and many other cool stores. Primark is like a HUGE 5 or 6 story store and it is SO cheap. Serrano Street is full of designer boutiques and it is just so cute. If I ever move to Madrid, I declare here and now that I will live in Serrano.
5. Ponzano Street: This is more of a nighttime scene than daytime, although you can perfectly go during the day. It is a street full of bars and it is common to just bar hop eat some tapas and drink a lot of wine. So, if you want to indulge in some typical Spanish cuisine and have fun with friends, Ponzano is a must.
All the other tourist places you can find on the vlogs below. Don’t forget to give the videos thumbs up if you love them and subscribe to my channel for more video content!
XOXO, Ana Cristina Mariño